14th September 2006libGE-0.26 is out; this is a stable release.
Major changes from libGE-0.26beta2:
- Documentation updated with all code changes;
- Main file for EO implementation of Cart Centering problem is now included;
- Improved EXAMPLES code and matching documentation.
18th August 2006libGE-0.26beta2 is out; this is a beta release.
Major changes from libGE-0.26beta1:
- Windows-compliant libGEdefs.h is included as default;
- Include of fstream on CFGrammar.cpp;
- Makefiles are now properly included with examples.
17th August 2006libGE-0.26beta1 is out; this is a beta release.
Major changes from libGE-0.25:
- Darwin Slattery has taken over the examples;
- New Cart Centering and Intertwined Spirals examples, including full documentation;
- Improved BNF support: grammars such as "<A>::=a\n<A>::=b" are now supported; new method addBNFString() which allows additions to current grammar;
- Code changes to make it compilable under Windows (tested with Visual C++ Express);
- Documentation (including FAQ) updated.
17th February 2006libGE-0.25 is out; this is a stable release.
Major changes from libGE-0.24:
- Complete documentation restructure, including many additions;
- TinyCC evaluator is now supported;
- Lua evaluator is now supported;
- Complete rewrite of Santa Fe example, including major update to documentation, and result and performance reports;
- Improved support for <GECodonValue> extension.
10th October 2005libGE-0.24 is out; this is a stable release.
Major changes from libGE-0.24beta2:
- Major update to documentation;
- Operator= in Symbol class is templated, so any type can be used as a symbol.
- Updated examples to comply with recent GALib and S-Lang versions;
- Grammars written with any editors are now accepted;
- Improved Parser and "stable state" mappers.
11th August 2005After a serious hack on the 31st July, the libGE website is back up. The sources and the documentation are already available; the forums are still down, they should be back up in the next few days.
12th July 2005libGE-0.24beta2 is out; this is a beta release.
Major changes from libGE-0.24beta1:
- Derivation Tree obtainable through method getDerivationTree();
- Bug with GALib wrapper on Mapper class corrected;
- New symbol <GECodonValue> accepted on grammars - is replaced with value of codon, if symbol is not defined elsewhere in the grammar.
- Improved genotype2Phenotype() method.
29th April 2005libGE-0.24beta1 is out; this is a beta release.
Major changes from libGE-0.23:
- Array of productions used during mapping process is now available;
- Documentation improved.
9th April 2005libGE-0.23 is out; this is a stable release.
Major changes from libGE-0.23beta3:
- Documentation has been reviewed to include all changes since libGE-0.22;
- Small improvements on example code.
18th March 2005libGE-0.23beta3 is out; this is a beta release.
Major changes from libGE-0.23beta2:
- Implemented effective crossover operator in EO example;
- Improvements to class and method hierarchy.
14th March 2005libGE-0.23beta2 is out; this is a beta release.
Major changes from libGE-0.23beta1:
- Removed conflict with new galib-2.4.6 (libGE-0.23beta1 would not compile with it);
- Improved GE_ILLIGALSGA interface.
8th March 2005libGE-0.23beta1 is out; this is a beta release.
Major changes from libGE-0.22:
- new improved configure script: automatically detects if GALib is available, and performs a conditional compilation of code as result, with a verbose report of the outcome of the configuration; compilation on systems without GALib can now be done without arguments to configure script.
- access to version of libGE through definition in include files;
- new cleaner interface to assigning genotypes to Mapper objects (WARNING: method GE_MITGALIB_AssignGenotype() is now deprecated).
- improved interface of Genotype class;
- updated MITGALIB example to use all of the above, and to use better implementation of steady-state approach;
- new example using EO library is included.
22th November 2004libGE-0.22 is out; this is a stable release. Major changes from libGE-0.22beta4: documentation has been updated with all aditions/modifications since libGE-0.21; text and html documentation figures have been improved; small code improvements; small examples improvements.
16th November 2004libGE-0.22beta4 is out. Major changes: methods for control of generation of tails with Sensible Initialisation; update of SantaFe GALIB example to use those methods; bug fix on copy constructors for certain Mapper-derived classes.
8th November 2004libGE-0.22beta3 is out. Major changes: bug corrected on GE_ILLIGALSGA wrapper; ; major bug fixes on Sensible Initialisation methods; small bug on genotype2Phenotype() method for specific grammar cases.
19th October 2004libGE-0.22beta2 is out. Major changes: effective length of Genotypes can now be measured, as well as number of wrapping events; examples have been updated to use new measures; classes have been extended with new constructors and defined types.
13th October 2004libGE-0.22beta1 is out. Major changes: fixed a bug on Sensible Initialisation, which caused two copies of the initial codon to be inserted at the start of each GALib genome; fixed a bug which prevented local installations of GALib to work properly.
7th October 2004libGE-0.21 is out. There was a problem with the configure script on libGE-0.20, which is now solved.
30th September 2004libGE-0.20 is out.
29th September 2004libGE-0.111beta4 is out.
17th September 2004libGE-0.111beta3 is out.
15th September 2004libGE-0.111beta2 is out.
9th September 2004libGE-0.111beta1 is out.
10th August 2004libGE-0.10 is out.